Although LED drivers are not specific heat-producing devices, they may still approach temperatures of up to 40 C. Therefore, we don't recommend installing drivers anywhere near combustible surfaces. While our LED drivers use free air convection cooling (allowing more heat to be transferred away from the heat-sink), they should always be stored in a well-ventilated space. Do not risk cutting corners and installing in tight areas, which can impact the efficiency of the driver; it is always better to be safe when it comes to installing power supplies.
Articles in this section
- Trailing Edge or Leading Edge
- Selection of the LED driver
- LED Drivers Running Hot
- Trailing Edge or Leading Edge Dimmers?
- Best Trailing Edge Dimmable Drivers?
- Are your LED Drivers suitable for mounting onto Combustible Surfaces?
- I cannot get RAKO to work with Mains Dimmable Drivers
- Power Factor for LED Drivers
- What are the different types of dimming for Mains Dimmable LED drivers?
- Will Hi-Line products work with a motion sensor?