Is Hi-Line Lighting Ltd WEEE compliant?
Yes, we are 100% WEEE compliant! In partnership with Recolight, the Lightbulb Co offers a cost-effective, hassle-free lamp recycling service. Please see below for more information:
What does WEEE mean for you?
While the WEEE regulations primarily govern businesses, consumers are obligated to safely and properly dispose of any household electronic and electrical waste that bears the crossed out wheelie bin symbol.
Using our service, you can replace your WEEE LED strips, LED Drivers or controllers on a like-for-like basis when you buy a new replacement item from our online shop.
NOTE: Dead strips, drivers or controllers must be returned within 28 days of purchasing the new item.
You can dispose of these items in several ways:
- Take them to your local household waste recycling centre or collection point
- Arrange for collection with local authorities
- Donate the items to an organization that collects them
- Arrange a like-for-like collection from your supplier or retailer
Learn more about your role in WEEE.
WEEE legislation benefits our planet greatly by reducing the impact that electrical and electronic waste has on our environment, and it has minimal impact on consumers.
All you have to do is take some additional consideration during the purchase and disposal process to ensure electrical and electronic equipment is safely recycled and reused whenever possible by:
- Buying from WEEE compliant manufacturers and retailers
- Disposing of any products with WEEE labels using the appropriate avenues available
For more information about WEEE, check out the Recolight website and the following government resources:
- Electrical and electronic equipment (EEE) covered by the WEEE Regulations
- Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment recycling (WEEE)
- Regulations: waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE)
Questions about our like-for-like take back service? Please contact us for more information.