IP65 Waterproof Protection (IP65 = Splashproof) is achieved with polyurethane and silicon, which is the most expensive and best method that can be used on LED strips. This waterproof protection is very durable and does not become "yellowish" as it happens with most LED strips within 3 months of installation. Moreover, the LED strip remains extremely flexible, very clear, soft and well-protected throughout its life time and can keep its IP65 rating for more than 5 years if installed using an aluminium LED profile (to run at lower temperatures). Please note that IP00 rated LED strips are recommended wherever IP65 rating is not required (e.g. in indoor spaces) as these are easier to handle and install.
Articles in this section
- How to Connect a LED Strip
- Are IP68 Hi-Line LED strips suitable for steam rooms and saunas?
- IP65 Nano Waterproof Led Strips (Gel coating / Nano coating)
- IP65 Splashproof LED Strips
- LED Strip lights powered by quad RGBW LED chips
- SMD2835, high efficiency LED Strip
- Dimming LED Strips - Voltage Drop
- Our LED Strip with different Brand Led Controller
- Q: What is the effect of dust on the LEDs? Will the occasional vacuum cleaning of the area be enough?
- Q: Are all Led Strips same?